Move a group to uGetTogether
Call us at (702) 280-2397 and we can walk you through the process.
To move a group here, you will need to copy a few details from your old group:
- The name for the group
- The description for the group - this should include everything a prospective member may want to decide to join the group. If the group has requirements and/or goals, they should be included as well
- Whether to automatically or manually approve all who ask to join your group
- Questions - these are optional, and can allow you to screen prospective members and/or allow members to share information with you and other group members
- The group's central location (a city and state is sufficient)
- The interests the group pursues
- Generate invitation links (links your current members can click on to be automatically added to your new group).
- You may create three different types of links, corresponding with the privileges:
- Regular members
- Organizers - these members can create events as well as event templates
- Organizers and user admins - these members can do everything but pay for the group
First, create the link for your general members, and distribute that to everyone in your group. Then you could create links for those specific people who are to have elevated permissions, and distribute those links to those people separately. Alternatively, you could wait until those people use the first link, then manually raise their permission level from the group members screen.
8. We recommend keeping events coming up soon (within the next few weeks or so) on the old site to ensure there is no disruption.
If you have scheduled any events further in the future, you can re-create them here, then post a message indicating
the move to uGetTogether, including the membership invite link mentioned above, and informing them that they need to re-RSVP
on this site.
Click here to open these instructions in a separate window
(so you can refer to them through the process)