Move a group to uGetTogether
To move a group here, you will need to copy a few details from your old group:
- The name for the group
- The description for the group - this should include everything a prospective member may want to decide to join the group. If the group has requirements and/or goals, they should be included as well
- Questions - these are optional, and can allow you to screen prospective members and/or allow members to share information with you and other group members
- Whether to automatically or manually approve all who ask to join your group
- The group's central location (a city and state is sufficient)
- The interests the group pursues
You may want to wait until you have the "create group" page up before copying so you can paste directly in that form.
After that you will need to generate a few invitation links (links your current members can click on to be automatically added to your new group). You may create three different types of links, corresponding with the privileges:
- Regular members
- Organizers - these members can create gettogethers as well as gettogether templates
- Organizers and user admins - these members can do everything but pay for the group
First, create the link for your general members, and distribute that to everyone in your group.
Then you could create links for those specific people who are to have elevated permissions, and distribute those links to
those people separately. Alternatively, you could wait until those people use the first link, then manually raise their
permission level from the group members screen.
We recommend keeping gettogethers coming up soon (with the next few weeks or so) on the old site to minimize disruptions. If you have scheduled any gettogethers further in the future, you can re-create them here, then post a message indicating the move to uGetTogether, including the membership invite link mentioned above, and informing them that they need to re-RSVP on this site.
Click here to open these instructions in a separate window
(so you can refer to them through the process)
Now you can click here to create your group and your profile in one step.
Or you can click here to register as a new user, after which you can navigate to the "Create Group" option in the expanded menu you will see when you are logged in.