Creating an event on uGetTogether
- Go to Events -> Create an Event.
- If you are an organizer for more than one group, you will be asked to select the name of the group you want to create an event for.
- If your selected group has one or more templates, you will be asked to select one to use (or none, if the group allows that)
- The Create an Event page.
- Fill in the Event Name.
- Select if this is a recurring event Yes or No.
- If the event is recurring, there will be additional fields about the recurrence.
- Enter the Event Start Time.
- Enter the Event End Time.
- Enter the Event Description.
- Enter the Event Attemdance options
- The maximum number of people who can attend
- How many guests a member can bring with them
- Choose the Event Waitlist Type
- Automatic Waitlist - When someone going cancels, the system adds the next eligible member
- Manual Waitlist - When someone going cancels, the spot is left vacant until an organizer adds someone
- No Waitlist - Once the maximum people have RSVPed, no one else can RSVP until/unless someone going cancels
- Choose the Event Visibility.
- Visible - The event can be found by anyone searching for it
- Semi-Hidden - The event can only be found by members of the group hosting it
- Hidden - No one can find the event- everyone attending needs to be personally added by the organizer
- Enter when members can RSVP for your event, if they can't RSVP from when the event is posted until it occurs.
- If you want your members to answer any questions you can do this in the Questions section.
- Interests help people looking for events matching their interests find your event. If you do not add any, the group's interests will be used.
- You can Create the Event or save it as a draft.
- No one can see the event or RSVP when it is saved as a draft
Click here to open these instructions in a separate window
(so you can refer to them through the process)
You are not logged in. You must be logged in to create events.